GRASPING GOD'S WORD: A HANDS-ON APPROACH TO READING, INTERPRETING, AND APPLYING THE BIBLE FOURTH EDITION
A Proven Approach to Help You Interpret and Understand the Bible
Grasping God's Word has proven itself in classrooms across the country as an invaluable help to students who want to learn how to read, interpret, and apply the Bible for themselves. This book will equip you with a five-step Interpretive Journey that will help you make sense of any passage in the Bible. It will also guide you through all the different genres found in the Bible to help you learn the specifics of how to best approach each one.
Filling the gap between approaches that are too simple and others that are too technical, this book starts by equipping readers with general principles of interpretation, then moves on to apply those principles to specific genres and contexts.
- Proven in classrooms across the country
- Hands-on exercises to guide students through the interpretation process
- Emphasis on real-life application
- Supplemented by a website for professors providing extensive teaching materials
- Accompanying workbook, video lectures, laminated study guide (sold separately)
This fourth edition includes revised chapters on word studies and Bible translations, updated illustrations, cultural references, bibliography, and assignments. This book is the ideal resource for anyone looking for a step-by-step guide that will teach them how to accurately and faithfully interpret the Bible.